I love the fresh, unfussy recipes offered by Jamie Oliver. He describes this salad as having “crunch, creaminess and bags of flavour”. And so it has. This recipe can be found at Jamie Oliver.com.
AVOCADO, PANCETTA & PINE NUT SALAD
- 12 slices pancetta (or bacon if you don’t have pancetta)
- 50 g pine nuts
- About 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and quartered
- 4 big handfuls baby spinach, washed
- Turn stove to a medium heat and toast pine nuts until golden brown – drain on absorbent paper. In the same pan, fry pancetta slices till they’re crisp. Set aside.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Put spinach leaves onto a plate. Lay avocado, pancetta and pine nuts over top and drizzle the dressing over top. Add salt and pepper if needed.
Food Photography Info: Canon 550D (EOS Rebel T2i); Canon 50mm 1.8 lens / Natural lighting