Wow! Don’t by fooled (pardon the pun) by the modest appearance of this Lemon Curd & Ginger Fool. It may be simple and ridiculously easy to make, but this dessert is out of this world!
In fact, I wasn’t prepared for just how good it was going to be. I made it for a family dinner and everyone, myself included, was blown away. Not only was it too delicious for words, the texture was beyond silky. I reckon the secret was in making my own tangy lemon curd which, when folded through softly whipped cream, ginger syrup, and a dash of mascarpone, was elevated to something rather extraordinary. Dig your spoon into this dreamy, creamy dessert with its sprinkling of chopped stem ginger and you’re in culinary heaven.
Thanks to Delicious Magazine.co.uk for this recipe which I adapted slightly – using less cream and more mascarpone. Given it’s now on the ‘Top 10 Desserts’ list at home, it won’t be too long before I make it again. Enjoy!
Lemon Curd & Ginger Fool
- 1 ball stem ginger in syrup finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup
- 3.5 oz mascarpone
- 4 tbsp icing sugar confectioner’s sugar
- 6.7 oz double (heavy) cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- In a large bowl, beat the chopped stem ginger, stem ginger syrup, mascarpone and icing sugar together with electric beaters until smooth.
- Lightly fold in the whipped cream, then stir through the lemon curd with a fork so it is streaked. (At this point, taste test to see if it needs adjusting – if you like more zesty punch, add more lemon curd – I often add a further couple of tablespoons).
- Divide the lemon curd fool between 5 or 6 glasses and refrigerate.
2 thoughts on “Lemon Curd & Ginger Fool”
Looks delicious and easy to make which is exactly the recipes I like, would be nice for a summer luncheon with friends.
Thanks Lee. Yeah, a really quick and easy dessert to make for friends. I’m sure they’ll love it!