Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream… Need I say more? With its rich peanut butter flavour and added chopped mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you just how decadent this baby is!
Thanks to Cuisinart.com for this great recipe. Yes, it does require an ice cream machine, though I did notice some no-churn peanut butter ice cream recipes out there if you’re desperate. Or, you might like to try this Peanut Butter Semifreddo with crunchy peanut praline – totally divine!
Nothing else to say except it’s super simple, super tasty and I can’t wait to hoe into it tonight after dinner (though I have already had a fair good sampling already!). Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE CREAM
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 cup good quality peanut butter (natural or regular)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch sea or kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped chocolate peanut butter cup candies (about 15 miniature peanut butter cups)
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the peanut butter sugar and salt until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix on low speed until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Whisk mixture together again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine, according to its instructions. Churn for approximately 40 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the chopped candy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream”